★★★★★ 2 votes5
1/2 stickbutter (unsalted)
1/2 cfresh lemon juice
1 csugar equivalent artificial sweetener, preferably liquid
1 small pinchsalt
How to Make Sugar Free Lemon Curd
- 1) Cut butter up into pieces (around 8 to 10 pieces is good). Put the butter into the freezer.
- 2) Blend the rest of the ingredients together, with either a stick blender or standing blender.
- 3) Heat slowly in small saucepan or double boiler. Whisk or stir frequently. When curd begins to thicken to the point where it coats the spoon, or leaves a trail when the bottom of the pan is scraped with a spatula, or is 170 F, remove from heat (don't let it get to boiling).
- 4) Immediately whisk or stir in butter. Keep stirring until butter is melted and incorporated.
- 5) Taste. If you think it's too "sharp," try adding another Tablespoon or two of butter.
- 6) Put in airtight container. A piece of plastic wrap on the surface will keep a "skin" from forming. Cool completely before using (it will thicken a bit more).
It can keep in refrigerator up to one week.