Poached Pears with Raspberry Sauce
Picture and recipe found on The packed Table site.
- bosc pears
- 64 oz
- bottle cran-raspberry juice (ocean spray is good)
- 1/4 c
- cinnamon stick
- whole cloves
- ******for the sauce*******
- 2 c
- fresh or frozen raspberries
- 2 Tbsp
- reserved juice (from poaching)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
How to Make Poached Pears with Raspberry Sauce
- 1Peel the pears, being careful to keep stem intact. Cut just a straight, small slice of the bottom of each pear so they sit up straight on a plate.
- 2Combine juice, sugar, cinnamon stick and cloves in a pot, bring to a boil. Gently place the pears in the boiling juice, bring to a boil again. keep submerged in liquid. Turn heat down and simmer 25-30 minutes.
- 3Carefully remove pears from pot with a slotted spoon. Allow to cool completely. Refrigerate for 2 hrs or overnight.
- 4For the sauce:
Combine raspberries, reserved juice and sugar. Heat slightly to melt the sugar. Cool completely. Drizzle over pears, placing berries around the pears.
Sauce can be made ahead of time.