Peanut Butter and Jelly French Toast
I thought I'd find a way to combine the two into a nutritious and flavorful breakfast that's fun for kids of all ages. (and it's really filling)
- 2 large
- eggs , beaten
- 1/2 c
- 2 dash(es)
- each cinnamon, nutmeg
- scant pinch of salt
- 1 Tbsp
- vanilla extract
- 8 slice
- whole wheat bread
- creamy peanutbutter
- 1 pt
- whole strawberries
- 2 Tbsp
- maple syrup
How to Make Peanut Butter and Jelly French Toast
- 1Mix together all your french toast ingredients (except the bread and peanutbutter)
- 2On four slices of wheat bread, spread peanut butter to desired thickness - place second slice of bread on top and trim off the crusts. Pinch all four sides together to form a "pillow" so peanut butter doesn't leak out while toasting
- 3Dip into egg mixture on both sides, making sure bread absorbs it then place onto preheated buttered frying pan. Toast on both sides, and repeat with the other sandwiches.
- 4Reserving about 6 or 7 of the strawberries, hull, wash and place the rest of the strawberries in a blender with the maple syrup and blend on high till all the berries are pureed.
- 5With the remainder of the strawberries, hull and slice (I use an egg slicer for uniform slices) then add the pureed strawberries.
- 6To serve, place two of the peanutbutter sandwiches on a plate, top with strawberry syrup and dust lightly with powdered sugar (if desired) Bon Appetit!