Cranberry Sauce - No Sugar Added
1. Skip the straining step if you prefer whole cranberry sauce.
2. Consider adding a tablespoon of orange zest.
3. Make the sauce thicker or thinner by adding varying amounts of cornstarch.
4. Add more sweetener if you prefer less tart.
5. Add a tablespoon or so of freshly squeezed lemon juice for a little brightness.
I created this recipe so my diabetic husband wouldn't feel left out. Everyone at the table prefers it and this has become our standard.
12 ozfresh whole cranberries
1/2 corange juice
1/2 csplenda or truvia
1 Tbspcornstarch dissolved in 1/2 cup hot water
1 Tbsporange or lemon zest, freshly grated, optional
How to Make Cranberry Sauce - No Sugar Added
- Using a spatula, press the berries through a mesh strainer to remove the skin and seeds. It's easiest to do this in batches, spooning about a third of the berries into the strainer and mashing them. Scrape the skins and seeds out of the strainer and then spoon in another batch of berries. Return the strained cranberry to the saucepan.