Kato's Favorite Cranberry Sauce
Yum I love this sauce with my favorite turkey stuffing sandwich... I can't wait.
3/4 - 1 cdark brown sugar
3/4 cfresh squeezed orange juice (cara cara or your favorite)
1/8 tspfine sea salt
1 1/2 cfresh cranberries
1/4 cfresh bing cheeries, pitted and coarsley chopped
1 tspfresh orange zest
How to Make Kato's Favorite Cranberry Sauce
- Put a large pot on medium heat, and add the sugar, water, orange juice, and salt.
- Stir until the sugar is dissolved, then add the cranberries, cherries and orange zest.
- Cook on medium heat until the cranberries start to pop, then simmer for 8 - 10 minutes. Stir frequently to keep from burning.
- Remove the pot from the heat and let sit on counter, allowing it to cool to room temperature. (30 - 45 min)
- Cranberry sauce will thicken as it cools. When cooled, cover and place in fridge to chill, until needed.