Jo's Strawberry Sweet & Sour Sauce
Note: I left out the molasses in my first batch and I actually liked it better because the taste of the strawberries was more predominant.
- 3 c
- strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2/3 c
- xylitol (you could use sugar)
- 1 1/2 large
- red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 clove
- garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp
- sea salt
- 1/4 c
How to Make Jo's Strawberry Sweet & Sour Sauce
- 1Combine all ingredients and simmer 30 minutes. If you want a thicker sauce make a mixture of 2 tsp. of cornstarch or arrowroot flour + 2 tsp. cold water.
- 2Allow to cool, then puree in a blender or food processor.
- 3Refrigerate until needed.
Note: It lasted a month in the fridge. I got 3 cups of sauce out of this recipe.