Easy Mulberry (or any berry) Jam (low sugar)
How to Make Easy Mulberry (or any berry) Jam (low sugar)
- 1Sprinkle the gelatin over the orange juice in a small bowl and set aside to dissolve.
- 2Place the berries and the sugar in a saucepan. Mash the berries, making them as smooth or as chunky as you wish. I used a hand-held immersion blender for this, but you could probably just use a potato masher.
- 3Heat over med-high heat until boiling and cook for 1 min. Add the o.j. mixture, stir to combine, return to boil and cook 3 min.
- 4Remove from heat and allow to cool in pan for about 10 min. Pour into jars or freezer containers. Cool completely. Store in fridge for up to 2 weeks, or for longer in the freezer.
- 5**This is a very small amount of sugar compared to most jelly and jam recipes, but the jam was plenty sweet for us. Most recipes use lemon juice, and I think that using orange juice instead really compensated for the smaller amount of sugar since oranges are quite a bit sweeter than lemons.