- 2 1/2 c
- fresh or frozen cranberries (8 ounces)
- 1 c
- dry red wine (cabernet sauvignon, for ex.)
- 1 c
- sugar (i used unbleached white granulated which was whirled "superfine" in batches using a spice mill)
- 1/2 c
- kumquats, seeded and sliced (yes, the peels stay!)
How to Make Cranberry Sauce with Cabernet & Kumquats
- 1Bring cranberries, wine, sugar, and kumquats to a boil in a medium saucepan, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring often, until cranberries burst and release juices, 15–20 minutes. Allow to cool then cover and refrigerate. I froze the mixture with no problems.
- 2Boom, you're done!