Cranberry Fig Sauce
This is my own photo of the sauce.
1 largetangerine, zest the rind and juice the fruit
1 cdried figs, chopped
3/4 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
1 pkgfresh cranberries (10 oz.)
2 Tbspbalsamic vinegar, the good stuff
1/8 tspfreshly grated nutmeg
How to Make Cranberry Fig Sauce
- Bring water to a boil in a large saucepan. Remove from heat. Zest the rind of the fresh tangerine and set aside. Juice the tangerine.
- Stir the juice and the chopped dried figs into the water and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Return the pan to medium high heat and add the sugar and cinnamon stick. Bring to a boil.
- Add the rinsed fresh cranberries. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until the berries begin to burst. Remove from heat.
- Add the 2 TBS balsamic vinegar, the zest of the tangerine, the grated nutmeg and the pinch of salt. Remove the cinnamon stick. Cool completely. Transfer to a jar and refrigerate. Makes 3 cups