Chunky Apple/Pear Sauce (Sugar Free)
Note: Remove those pesky stickers when you buy the apples, but try not to blemish the fruit. These stickers tend to get harder to remove as the fuit ages.
- 10 medium
- sweet apples, peeled and cored
- 2 large
- bosc pears, peeled and cored
- 1 c
- filtered water
- 1 Tbsp
- ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp
- nutmeg, use fresh ground if you can
- 1 large
- dropper of liquid vanilla creme stevia (approx. 1 tsp.)
- 1 pinch
- celtic sea salt
How to Make Chunky Apple/Pear Sauce (Sugar Free)
- 1Peel and core all the fruit. Cut in large cubes.
- 2Place the fruit in a large saucepan.
- 3Mix the stevia and sea salt with the water and add to the pot of fruit.
- 4Add the cinnamon and nutmeg to the fruit in the pot.
Stir the spices into the fruit so they are coated.
- 5Bring to a boil, then turn down and simmer for 25 minutes. Remove the lid and let it simmer for 5 more minutes. Give it another good stir.
- 6Let cool a little, then using a potato masher, mash the fruit, but leave chunks, it's really tasty with pieces of fruit still big enough to chew.
- 7Store in a mason jar in the fridge. It keeps for about a week, but it may not last that long :)