Chunky Apple/Pear Sauce (Sugar Free)
Note: Remove those pesky stickers when you buy the apples, but try not to blemish the fruit. These stickers tend to get harder to remove as the fuit ages.
10 mediumsweet apples, peeled and cored
2 largebosc pears, peeled and cored
1 cfiltered water
1 Tbspground cinnamon
1/4 tspnutmeg, use fresh ground if you can
1 largedropper of liquid vanilla creme stevia (approx. 1 tsp.)
1 pinchceltic sea salt
How to Make Chunky Apple/Pear Sauce (Sugar Free)
- Peel and core all the fruit. Cut in large cubes.
- Place the fruit in a large saucepan.
- Mix the stevia and sea salt with the water and add to the pot of fruit.
- Add the cinnamon and nutmeg to the fruit in the pot.
Stir the spices into the fruit so they are coated.
- Bring to a boil, then turn down and simmer for 25 minutes. Remove the lid and let it simmer for 5 more minutes. Give it another good stir.
- Let cool a little, then using a potato masher, mash the fruit, but leave chunks, it's really tasty with pieces of fruit still big enough to chew.
- Store in a mason jar in the fridge. It keeps for about a week, but it may not last that long :)