★★★★★ 1 vote5
5apples (cortland or macintosh are best)
1/2 cbrown sugar
1/2 tsppumpkin pie spices
3 Tbspalmond meal
1 Tbspbrown sugar
How to Make Applesauce
- Peel, core, and dice apples.
- Place water, apples, 1/4 cup of sugar and cinnamon in a medium pan. Stir and heat, covered, on medium heat.
- Cook apples until they are soft, about 15 minutes
- Remove from heat. Mash apples with a potato masher (or a big spoon). It will be a little runny.
- Add the almond meal and remaining brown sugar. Mix well. Allow to cool. I store mine in a jar.