6 to 8 mediumripe roma tomatoes
1/2 mediumred bell pepper
1/2 mediumsweet onion
10 to 12fresh basil leaves
1/2 cred wine vinegar
1/4 clemon juice
1 tspsea salt
How to Make TOMATO BASIL DRESSING-DIABETIC FRIENDLY (SALLYE)
- Wash tomatoes; remove ends and cut in half.
Peel garlic clove.
Cut bell pepper in half, remove core, seeds and membrane and cut into large chunks.
Cut onion in half and peel; cut into large chunks.
Wash basil leaves and pat dry
- Place all of the above items in food processor and process until finely minced.
- Mix vinegar, lemon juice and salt together and add to food processor.
Continue to process the tomato mixture while slowly adding the vinegar mixture.
- Next, while processor is still running, slowly dribble water into the mixture until desired thickness of dressing is desired. If you like thin dressings, you can add all the water at one time.
- Store in fridge in covered container (preferably glass) until ready to use.