Palace Court Salad - Sheraton Hotel
I was so intimadated to be in this "fancy" restaurant!
This recipe has been a staple on the Sheraton menu since they created it in the 1920's, along with their equally famous Green Goddess dressing.
This is their original recipe!
The photo is from Bing - the real thing is much more attractive!
- 3/4 lb
- fresh cooked shredded crabmeat
- 1/2 c
- finely minced celery
- 4 - 6 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp
- 6 c
- finely shredded iceberg lettuce
- 6 slice
- large tomatoes (1/2 inch slices)
- 6 large
- cooked artichoke bottoms
- hard-cooked eggs, peeled and finely chopped
- 5 or 6
- anchovy fillets, mashed (don't let these scare you - it blends in)
- green onion, minced, both white and green portions
- 1//4 c
- minced fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp
- minced fresh tarragon
- 3 Tbsp
- tarragon vinegar
- 1/2 c
- minced fresh chives
- 3 c
GREEN GODDESS DRESSING
How to Make Palace Court Salad - Sheraton Hotel
- 1To make the seafood filling: mix just enough mayonnaise into the shredded crabmeat and celery to hold it all together. Too much mayonnaise will mask the delicate crab flavor.
- 2Arrange shredded lettuce on six large salad plates. For each serving, place a tomto slice in the center of the lettuce and top with an artichoke bottom. On each artichoke bottom mound 1/6 of the crab mixture, spoonful by spoonful, until a tower of crab results. Scatter chopped egg around the artichoke bases.
- 3Chill salads well before serving with Green Goddess dressing. Garnish with lemon wedges.
- 4GREEN GODDESS DRESSING:
Put all ingredients in blender or large bowl and mix thoroughly. Makes about 3 and 1/2 cups. Serve chilled.