No Oil Vinegar Dressing
I discovered that I really like my vinegar and water dressing. It is a basic recipe to which you can add any herbs or spices that assuage your taste buds.
There are so many options there is no need to ever have boring dressing again!!
This is the one I like the best.
- 2 or 3
- fingers of red wine vinegar (or apple cider, balsamic, or pickle juice)
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4-1/2 tsp
- pepper (black or red)
- italian seasonings
- curry powder
- prepared mustard (any kind)
- granulated garlic (or powder)
- minced onion
- parsley flakes
- dill, dried
- rose mary
- thyme, dried
- 1, 2, or 3 Tbsp
- chia seeds
- fill the bottle with filtered water
IN YOUR CHOSEN DRESSING BOTTLE
ONE LEVEL TEASPOON OF EACH OF THE FOLLOWING
VARIATIONS ON THE SPICES FOR VARIETY
TO THICKEN (OPTIONAL)
AFTER YOU'VE ADDED EVERYTHING ELSE AND SHOOK IT UP:
How to Make No Oil Vinegar Dressing
- 1Mix it all up and let it sit for at least 10 minutes before pouring a few tablespoons on your salad.
- 2Since this is watery there is often some left in the bottom of the bowl when the salad greens and goodies are finished. Don't tell anyone, but I drink the last bit of dressing out of the bowl because it is just so tasty and flavorful!!
- 3The longer you let it sit, the more mingled and permeated the spices get.
- 4If I am going to be using it up in the next day or two I leave it out on the counter, but it should probably be refrigerated if kept for longer periods of time.
- 5You can also substitute lemon juice for the vinegar if you like. If you try it with cooking wine, reduce the amount of salt you use because cooking wine is salted.
- 6If you use the chia seeds to thicken, it takes a while for that to happen but you can still use it within ten minutes of making it... then just let it sit and the next time you use it, it will be a little thicker.