Iris's Homemade Yogurt
NOTE: The "Cook" time is actually the "incubation period" while the yogurt cultures grow in the milk mixture overnight.
1 tspgelatin, unflavored (knox), dry
1/2 chot water
2 or 3 cpowdered milk, dry
3 cwater, cold
1 - 13 oz can(s)evaporated milk, undiluted
3 Tbspplain yogurt, with active yogurt cultures
How to Make Iris's Homemade Yogurt
- Preheat oven to 275 F. Dissolve gelatin in hot water. Stir until thoroughly dissolved.
- Add the sugar and COOL to 110 F.
- Mix in the remaining ingredients in the order given. Stir well. Place in a covered bowl.
- Place bowl in the preheated oven, close door and TURN OFF the oven. Leave 8 to 10 hours, then refrigerate your fresh yogurt!
- You can flavor your yogurt any way you like! One idea would be a fresh strawberry puree and honey or stevia! Granola is also great with yogurt! Use the yogurt in dips (like you would use sour cream).