Iris's Homemade Yogurt
NOTE: The "Cook" time is actually the "incubation period" while the yogurt cultures grow in the milk mixture overnight.
- 1 tsp
- gelatin, unflavored (knox), dry
- 1/2 c
- hot water
- 1 Tbsp
- 2 or 3 c
- powdered milk, dry
- 3 c
- water, cold
- 1 - 13 oz can(s)
- evaporated milk, undiluted
- 3 Tbsp
- plain yogurt, with active yogurt cultures
How to Make Iris's Homemade Yogurt
- 1Preheat oven to 275 F. Dissolve gelatin in hot water. Stir until thoroughly dissolved.
- 2Add the sugar and COOL to 110 F.
- 3Mix in the remaining ingredients in the order given. Stir well. Place in a covered bowl.
- 4Place bowl in the preheated oven, close door and TURN OFF the oven. Leave 8 to 10 hours, then refrigerate your fresh yogurt!
- 5You can flavor your yogurt any way you like! One idea would be a fresh strawberry puree and honey or stevia! Granola is also great with yogurt! Use the yogurt in dips (like you would use sour cream).