Irish Pub Salad
Daily Inspiration S
Recipe originally from Epicurious.
- 1/2 c
- regular (or lowfat) mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp
- malt vinegar (or white wine vinegar)
- 2 tsp
- fresh tarragon, chopped (or 3/4 tsp. dried)
- 1 tsp
- whole grain dijon mustard
- 2 - 3 tsp
- 4 c
- boston or bibb lettuce, torn
- 4 c
- any combination of pickled beets, sliced cucumbers, diced tomatoes, chopped celery, shredded cabbage, or sliced onions
- hard boiled eggs
- 4 oz
- cheddar (or blue cheese), cut into wedges
How to Make Irish Pub Salad
- 1Combine mayonnaise, vinegar, tarragon and dijon mustard in small bowl and whisk to blend. Whisk in enough water by teaspoonfuls to make dressing thin enough to pour . Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper.
- 2Arrange lettuce on platter as base of salad. Place salad bar ingredients over lettuce in attractive pattern. Top with sliced hard boiled eggs. Drizzle dressing over salad. Place cheese wedges at ends of platter and serve.