Honey mustard salad dressing
Irisa Raina 9
Won’t he be surprised when he comes home and see’s this in the refrigerator?
Oh heavens yes he will!
He not only puts it on his salads, but uses it as a dip for chicken and shrimp.
Spread this on a ham sandwich and it's a party in your tummy!
I’ll add some to plain potato salad or slaw to dress it up a bit. It is a very versatile dressing.
If you don’t have a food processor, put the toasted and cooled seeds in a bagging and whack it a few times to open them up slightly. Great for getting the tension out…LOL.
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon dry minced onions
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard dry
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup dark honey
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ¼ cup whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
How to Make Honey mustard salad dressing
- 2Once they are toasted let them cool and then put them in a food processor “ I love my mini one for small jobs like this, and set aside.
- 3Put ¼ cup pure maple syrup in a bowl along with 1 tablespoon dry onions and 1 tablespoon dry mustard. Mix this with a small whisk and let this sit to soften the onions. Let this mixture sit for about 15 minutes or until you see the onions are changing color. They will start to absorb some of the syrup and yellow from the mustard.
- 4Add the vinegar and honey to the food processor and pulse for a minute.
- 6Add the oil, and whole grain mustard, yellow mustard, salt and process again, for about 3 minutes.
- 8Shake well before using.