Handcrafted, Fresh Ricotta Cheese
How to Make Handcrafted, Fresh Ricotta Cheese
- 1Line a free-standing sieve or colander with four layers of cheesecloth. Place in sink.
- 2In a heavy saucepan, bring milk and salt to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- 3Stir in fresh lemon juice. Lower heat slightly and gently stir until curds begin to form; about 1 to 3 minutes--- no more than 5. Remove pan from heat.
- 4Using a slotted spoon or a handheld sieve, transfer curds to prepared colander. Let drain for ONLY one minute.
- 5Transfer the fresh ricotta to a medium-sized bowl. Cheese can be served warm, or chilled! Covered, the ricotta will last in refrigerator for up to 2 days. Enjoy!