Classic Blue Cheese Vinaigrette
- 8 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 2 1/2 tsp
- black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/4 c
- shallots, finely minced
- 2 Tbsp
- baby chives, finely minced
- 5 Tbsp
- champagne vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 8 oz
- blue cheese, crumbled [i prefer maytag blue cheese, it's beautifully mild]
- kosher salt, to taste
How to Make Classic Blue Cheese Vinaigrette
- 1Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a skillet and soften the shallots and pepper. About 5 minutes. Add vinegar, then remove pan from heat. Allow to cool.
- 2In a bowl, whisk together the remaining olive oil and vinegar. Stir in Shallots and pepper along with the cooking oil.
- 3Carefully fold in the crumbled blue cheese and minced chives. Season with salt.
- 4Let sit at room temperature for at least 25 minutes, stir again, then top a wedge of iceberg lettuce or season your favorite salad. Enjoy!