Avocado-Tomato Salad with Bacon and Blue Cheese
Daily Inspiration S
- 2 1/2 lb
- assorted tomatoes, halved or cut into wedges, if large
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slice
- thick cut bacon, cooked
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 c
- blue cheese dressing
- 2 Tbsp
- fresh chives or scallions
- crumbled blue cheese for topping
How to Make Avocado-Tomato Salad with Bacon and Blue Cheese
- 1Place the tomatoes in a large bowl and sprinkle with 1/2 tsp. salt and a few grinds of pepper; set aside until juicy, about 20 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels and let cool slightly; then crumble into bite-size pieces.
- 3Pit and peel the avocado; cut into 1/2 inch pieces and toss with the lemon juice in a large bowl. Add the tomatoes and gently toss. Drizzle with the dressing and top with the bacon, chives and blue cheese.