Keep spread refrigerated until ready to use!!
- 3 Tbsp
- 1 1/2 tsp
- dash of salt
- 1/3 c
- beaten egg
- 1 Tbsp
- desired homemade liqueur! *see below!!
- 1/2 c
- butter or margarine, softened
How to Make Spirited Spread
- 1In a saucepan stir together sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Add the milk. Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 2 minutes more.
- 2Gradually stir hot mixture into beaten egg. Beat with a rotary beater till smooth. Return to saucepan. Cook and stir 2 minutes more over low heat. Remove from heat. Stir in Homemade Liqueur. Cover the surface of pan with waxed paper; cool completely.
- 3Beat the butter or margarine till smooth. Gradually beat cooled milk mixture into butter. Chill at least 30 minutes. Makes about 1 1/4 cups.
- 4Serve with Fruit Coffee Bread! Or your favorite bread or muffins!!!
- 5*Suggested Liqueurs to use: Apple Cordial, Blackberry brandy, homemade Amaretto, Orange flavored liqueur, Pear liqueur, Raspberry liqueur. (See all these recipes posted on JAP by me)