Spicy White Cheese Fondue
- 3/4 lb
- (about 3 cups) grated parmesan cheese (not stuff in the container by the spaghetti)
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 c
- 1 c
- chicken broth
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- finely chopped chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 8 oz
- cream cheese cut into chunks
How to Make Spicy White Cheese Fondue
- 1In a bowl, toss together the parmesan cheese and cornstarch.
- 2In a medium saucepan, cook the milk, chicken broth and chiles over medium heat until warm. Add the cream cheese and cook, whisking, until smooth, about 5 minutes. Bring to a simmer and add the parmesan mixture, a 1/2 cup at a time, stirring until smooth. Cook the sauce over low heat for about 5 minutes.
- 3Serve the fondue warm in a fondue pot with the bacon, potatoes, apples and pretzel rods for dipping.
- 4*Thick-cut bacon, cooked and cut into 1-inch pieces
Suggestions for dipping:
*seasoned or buttered cubed toasted bread
*Small new potatoes, boiled and halved
*Gala apples, cored and sliced