Smoked Mozzarella Fonduta
So savory, so smoky, so satisfying, so GOOD! I use small ramekins to serve this wonderfully creamy dip. I also sometimes add a little smoked Gruyere when I can't find the smoked type of the recommended cheeses. This would be a great choice for your next small dinner party or game night. YUM!
- 1 pkg
- italian bread, sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 c
- sour cream
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- crushed red pepper
- 1/4 tsp
- cayenne pepper
- 3 c
- shredded mozzerella, or smoked mozzerella*
- 3 c
- shredded provolone, or smoked provolone*
- 3 Tbsp
- grated parmesan
- 3 Tbsp
- grated romano
- 8 tsp
- fresh diced tomatoes
- fresh chopped parsley
- *this recipe calls for one of these two cheeses to be smoked and one to be regular.
How to Make Smoked Mozzarella Fonduta
- 2Combine sour cream, thyme, red pepper, cayenne pepper and four cheeses in a large bowl and blend thoroughly.
If serving family style, spray an 8" x 10" casserole dish with pan spray, then use a spatula to transfer the mixture. For individual servings, spray eight individual heat-resistant serving bowls, such as souffle cups, with pan spray and fill each with 1/2 cup of mixture.
- 3Place individual bowls on a baking sheet. Using a large spoon, spread cheese mixture to create an even surface.
Bale on center rack in oven. After five minutes, place baking sheet with bread, still covered, on top rack in oven. Bake for an additional five minutes.
Remove bread and fonduta from oven, and garnish with diced tomatoes and parsley. Arrange bread slices around bowl(s) and serve immediately.