Pearlie Mae's Hummus
I first tasted this when Pearl brought it during my pneumonia recuperation in May 2006.
- garlic cloves, minced
- 19 oz
- can chick-peas (garbanzo beans), drained, reserve 2 tbsp. juice
- 1/4 c
- tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 3 Tbsp
- lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 2 Tbsp
- garbanzo bean juice or water
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
How to Make Pearlie Mae's Hummus
- 1Mince garlic in food processor or blender. Add all other ingredients, process until smooth. Taste, adjust seasonings.
If you do not have tahini, peanut butter makes a good substitute.
- 2If you like spicy foods, add a bit of cayenne pepper or cajon seasoning.
- 3Store in refrigerator in a tightly covered container.