Kale and Spinach Dip -Monster Gruel
Great with crackers or chips too.
Recipe idea from the internet and
- 1 bunch
- (7 oz.)kale, washed and tough stems removed
- 1 bunch
- (5 oz.) spinach, washed and stems removed
- 2 medium
- garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 Tbsp
- toasted pine nuts
- 2 tsp
- balsamic vinegar or lemon juice
- 1/2 c
- olive oil
How to Make Kale and Spinach Dip -Monster Gruel
- 1Prepare a ice bath for the spinach and kale. set aside.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. add kale and spinach to the boiling water until it is wilted -about 2 minutes. Immediately plunge into the ice water. Once the greens are cool, remove them from the ice bath. shake off excess water and place in the bowl of a food processor.
- 2Add garlic, nuts and vinegar- and while pureeing, slowly pour in the olive oil. Continue pureeing, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl as necessary until all is incorporated and the mixture is smooth, 4 minutes. Season with salt and serve.