homemade tahini (sesame paste)
It has a rustic texture but blends well into your hummus.
How to Make homemade tahini (sesame paste)
- 1In blender combine, sesame seeds and olive oil.
puree until fairly smooth. If it appears to dry add a Tablespoon of olive oil.scraping sides as needed.
- 2place into a clean jar and refrigerate until needed
- 3This is not as smooth as store bought tahini, but is so much better and cheaper. The consistency of this reminds me of "organic peanut butter"
- 4This keeps well for weeks in a well sealed jar and in the refrigerator
- 5If you want to roast your own sesame seeds, simply place on a roasting pan and place in oven for about 10-15 minutes, at 350 degrees, watch carefully and stir frequently preventing them from becoming brown, you want a light golden color