2 mediumripe haas avocados
1 mediumgarlic clove
1 tspcoarse sea salt
1/2 tspfresh ground pepper
2 sprig(s)fresh cilantro
How to Make Holy Guacamole!
- Finely dice the garlic clove, shallot, and jalapeno.
NOTE: You can increase or decrease the amount of heat by adding or reducing the amount of jalapeno.
- Place the three ingredients in a mortar and pestle. Add coarse salt and crush until a pulp. You will see the juices of the pepper, shallot, and garlic come out. Set aside.
- Dice the tomatoes. If using a juicy type of tomato (like on the vine or plum) remove some of the seeds and pulp to prevent the guacamole from becoming too watery. Place diced tomatoes in a bowl.
- Divide the avocados in half. Remove the pit and scoop out the pulp with a spoon and place in a bowl. Move quickly to the next step to prevent browning.
TIP: To easily remove the pit, give it a whack with the sharp end of a large knife and twist. It will pop right out!
- Squeeze the lime over the avocados. It's OK to get a small amount of lime pulp in there.
- Add the crushed mixture and freshly cracked pepper.
- Roll the cilantro up and cut with kitchen shears. Stems and all. Sprinkle over the guacamole.
- Take a fork or potato masher and give it a quick mash to mix everything together. Taste and add more salt, pepper, and/or lime juice to taste.