Fundito with Chorizo & Black Beans
1 pkgbeef chorizo
1 can(s)black beans, canned
1 smallonion, diced
1 smallgreen bell pepper, diced
1 can(s)green chiles, diced
1 tspcumin or taco seasoning
1 clovegarlic, minced
1 ccheddar cheese
1 cmonterey jack cheese
2 Tbsppickled jalapeno, sliced or diced
How to Make Fundito with Chorizo & Black Beans
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees
Cook chorizo in large skillet. Takes about 5-6 minutes then drain into colander and set aside.
- In same pan with oily residue add 1 teaspoon oil and saute onion & bell pepper until translucent. Add drained & rinsed black beans, chiles, cumin & garlic. Saute for another 2-4 minutes just to get beans heated through.
- Add cooked chorizo back into mixture and shut heat off.
- Coat 9x13 cake pan or casserole with nonstick spray.
- Spread mixture over the bottom of pan then top with each type of cheese.
Bake @ 475 degrees for 20 minutes
or Broil for 7 minutes keeping a close eye not to burn.
- Serve hot with tortillas & tortilla chips.
Use any cheese combo you like: Mexican blends