Easy Homemade Hummus
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 can(s)
- chick peas
- 1/4 c
- 2 clove
- garlic, crushed
- 1/4 c
- lemon juice, fresh
- 1 tsp
- coarse sea salt
- 1/4 tsp
- cayenne pepper
How to Make Easy Homemade Hummus
- 1Reserving 1/4 cup liquid from the chickpeas. Then drain and rinse in a colander both cans chickpeas.
- 2Place chickpeas and reserved liquid in the food processor.
- 3Add 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice. If you prefer your hummus more lemony (we do) you can add a little more lemon juice, up to 1/3 cup.
- 4Add the 1/4 cup tahini, making sure the tahini was well stirred/mixed well before measuring.
- 5Add the remaining 2 cloves crushed garlic (you can adjust the garlic as well, to suit your taste, but probably no less than 2 cloves for a true hummus taste),1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, and 1 teaspoons coarse sea salt.
- 6Process until smooth. At this point we make any adjustments; adding additional garlic, pepper, or salt.
- 7Optional: Additionally, you can add roasted red peppers to created a roasted red pepper hummus, kalamata olives (NOT generic black pitted olives from a can) for an olive hummus, lemon zest and ginger for a lemon-ginger hummus, avocado for an avocado hummus, cooked carrots for carrot hummus, pretty much sky is the limit! Have fun, and enjoy!