DEE-LICIOUS BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP
I first found this recipe at Walmart...on an end cap advertising canned chicken. The firs few times I made it as directed, with my tweaks, of course. The last 2 times I made it with rotisserie chicken and we loved it even more.
Slice up some English cucumbers, dip in hop dip, and enjoy a spicy hot and cool, mouth full of heaven.
- 1 -2 c
- finely diced cooked chicken (can sub 1 -lg cans of chicken. can add more if you want, but ai like it more saucy and less chickeny
- 1 pkg
- (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 c
- blue cheese salad dressing
- 3/4 frank's red hot sauce, to taste
- 1/2 c
- blue cheese crumbles
- 1 1/2 c
- sharp cheddar cheese, shreaded
- 1/2 c
- diced green onions
- 1/2 tsp
- black pepper
- 1/2 tsp
- celery salt
How to Make DEE-LICIOUS BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP
- 1IN BOWL, STIR TOGETHER CREAM CHEESE, DRESSING, HOT SAUCE AND SPICES, UNTIL THOROUGHLY COMBINED.
STIR IN CHICKEN, CHEESES, AND GREEN ONIONS. THE ORIGINAL RECIPE SAID TO PUT THE CHEDDAR CHEESE ON TOP OF DIP BEFORE BAKING. I FIND IT WORKS BETTER TO STIR IT IN. WHEN CHEESE COOLS ON TOP, IT'S HARD TO DIP INTO.
- 2HAVING A PARTY? POUR INTO A CASSEROLE DISH, SPRAYED WITH NON STICK SPRAY. BAKE FOR 20-30 MINUTES, OR UNTIL MELTED AND A LITTLE BROWNED AROUND THE EDGES. TO KEEP DIP HOT AND MELTED, SERVE IT SITTING ON A WARMING TRAY. A CROCK POT IS ANOTHER OPTION...BUT IMO, TOO DEEP FOR DIPPING.
NO PARTY? HEAT A SINGLE SERVING IN THE MICROWAVE. I MAKE AHEAD & JUST STORE DIP IN AN AIRTIGHT CONTAINER IN FRIDGE UNTIL READY TO BAKE OR HEAT.
- 3YOU CAN SERVE THIS WONDERFUL DIP WITH THE USUAL
BUFFALO WINGS CONDIMENT, CELERY AND CARROT STICKS...OR CRACKERS, SOUR DOUGH BREAD, ETC BUT OUR FAVORITE DIPPERS ARE SLICED ENGLISH CUCUMBERS. YUMMM