Creamy, Dreamy & Easy 'Diabetic-Friendly' Frosting
I really couldn't see using anything else for my family of diabetics and it generally works well with most of my diabetic baked goods. Besides, who doesn't like cream cheese? NOT ME!!!
OH! It works well as a fruit dip too!
*The cake is one my great-niece made for me last February for my birthday using my frosting recipe.
- 4 oz
- low-fat or fat free cream cheese
- 1/2 of 1 small
- box (4 serving size); fat-free/sugar- free, dry, instant pudding mix
- 16 oz
- 'sugar-free' or 'lite' - frozen whipped topping, thawed.
- 1 tsp
- almond extract or choose your favorite flavor (optional)
How to Make Creamy, Dreamy & Easy 'Diabetic-Friendly' Frosting
- 1Creamy, Dreamy, & Easy 'Diabetic-Friendly' Frosting & Fruit Dip Too!
Recipe will Frost/serve:(1)-9" x 13" layer cake,(2)layer cake,(1)9" x 13" pan of brownies, or 24 + cupcakes.
OR make 2-3 cups fruit dip.
- 2In medium mixing bowl using electric mixer on low; whip cream cheese until smooth.
Add almond extract or choose your favorite flavor (Optional).
- 3Add a cup of whipped topping and 1 Tbsp. dry pudding mix until well mixed.
- 4Continue to combine by alternating whipped topping with dry pudding mix while mixing with mixer on low speed until all ingredients are used and mixture is well combined, creamy and desired consistency.
(Mixture will thicken as dry instant pudding is added to whipped topping/cream-cheese mixture, so alternating is recommended).
- 5Refrigerate frosting until cake, cupcakes or brownies are completely cooled and ready for frosting.
*As always, refrigerate and cover any cream-cheese frosting items including any leftovers.
*Makes a very good fruit-dip too!