Creamy Caramel Sauce
Have some caramel sauce leftover, you are trying to get read of? Make it into a caramel dip/glaze for fruit! Add 3/4 cup powdered sugar per 1/4 cup caramel sauce. Cream mixture together with a spoon.
*** Tip: sift your powdered sugar into the sauce to avoid excess lumps.***
How to Make Creamy Caramel Sauce
- 1Measure out your ingredients.
- 2Combine dark brown sugar, butter and heavy cream in a medium sized microwave safe glass mixing bowl. Do not stir.
- 3Heat mixture through, on high, for one minute. Stir. Repeat this step.
- 4Your caramel sauce should start to thicken at this point. Microwave for two minutes more and let boil.
- 5Be Careful this mixture is hot!!! Use an oven mitt to remove your sauce from the oven. Set aside to cool for 5 minutes. Pour this topping on ice cream, bread pudding, waffles, or whatever your little heart desires.