Cowboy Caviar-Giddy UP!
- 15 oz. can of pinto beans, drained & rinsed
- 15 oz. can of black eyed peas, drained & rinsed
- 4 oz. can of fire roasted green chilis drained
- 1 1/2 c
- frozen shopeg or niblets corn, thawed
- inner stalks of celery, finely chopped
- bunch of green onions white and some green parts, thinly sliced
- sweet orange or red bell pepper, finely diced
- clove of garlic, finely minced
- small serrano chili, finely minced (optional)
- cilantro for garnish (optional)
- 1/2 c
- light extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 c
- rice wine vinegar
- 1/3 c
- white sugar
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- ground black pepper
How to Make Cowboy Caviar-Giddy UP!
- 1Add all ingredients except marinade ingredients in a bowl and mix.
- 2Then add all marinade ingredients to a pot and bring to a low simmer on your stove, just until the sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and cool.
- 3Pour cooled marinade over ingredients. Store in sealed container. Refrigerate overnight, mixing periodically throughout the day.
- 4To serve, first taste and add salt if needed. Then use slotted spoon to put into serving dish, top with cilantro and serve with tortilla chips.