Baked Crab Party Dip
Blue Ribbon Recipe
I used crab and scallops when taste testing this recipe. My, oh my... the Test Kitchen smelled lovely while this was baking away. Dipping the pumpernickel bread into the warm, creamy dip was tasty. A great flavor combination! The Test Kitchen
14 ozcrab meat, scallops and/or shrimp - any combination
16 ozcream cheese, room temperature
1 cparmesan cheese
1 conion flakes, dehydrated
3 Tbspparsley flakes
6 clovefreshly minced garlic
·salt and pepper
2 Tbsplemon juice
largeunsliced pumpernickel bread
How to Make Baked Crab Party Dip
- Combine softened cream cheese, mayonaisse, dried onion, minced garlic, salt and pepper, parsley and lemon juice.
- Chop imitation crab meat and stir into cream cheese mixture.
- Empty mixture into oven safe baking dish. (I use a white souffle baking dish.)
- Sprinkle top with more parsley and Old Bay Seasoning (or cayenne pepper). Bake at 350 degrees until bubbly and lightly browned.
- Tear pumpernickel bread into large bite size chunks. Garnish with chopped fresh green scallions.
- Serving Suggestion:
Place crab baking dish in the center of a serving plate, surrounded by the chunks of fresh Pumpernickel bread. (Sprinkle garlic salt over pumpernickel chunks, if desired).