Baked Crab Party Dip
Blue Ribbon Recipe
I used crab and scallops when taste testing this recipe. My, oh my... the Test Kitchen smelled lovely while this was baking away. Dipping the pumpernickel bread into the warm, creamy dip was tasty. A great flavor combination! The Test Kitchen
- 14 oz
- crab meat, scallops and/or shrimp - any combination
- 16 oz
- cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 c
- 1 c
- parmesan cheese
- 1 c
- onion flakes, dehydrated
- 3 Tbsp
- parsley flakes
- 6 clove
- freshly minced garlic
- salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp
- lemon juice
- unsliced pumpernickel bread
- scallions, chopped
How to Make Baked Crab Party Dip
- 1Combine softened cream cheese, mayonaisse, dried onion, minced garlic, salt and pepper, parsley and lemon juice.
- 2Chop imitation crab meat and stir into cream cheese mixture.
- 3Empty mixture into oven safe baking dish. (I use a white souffle baking dish.)
- 4Sprinkle top with more parsley and Old Bay Seasoning (or cayenne pepper). Bake at 350 degrees until bubbly and lightly browned.
- 5Tear pumpernickel bread into large bite size chunks. Garnish with chopped fresh green scallions.
- 6Serving Suggestion:
Place crab baking dish in the center of a serving plate, surrounded by the chunks of fresh Pumpernickel bread. (Sprinkle garlic salt over pumpernickel chunks, if desired).