Ab Duq Khiar Dip (Yogurt Dip)
This dip is execellant with crackers, pita chips or vegetables. Who has to know that it is also good for you?
3 cyogurt, greek if not using homemade
2 smallcucumbers, chopped, salted and allowed to drain for at least 1 hour
2 sprig(s)basil, fresh, chopped
2 sprig(s)summer savory, chopped
1/4 cwalnut pieces, chopped
1/2 craisins, yellow
1/2 tspkosher salt or to taste
·olive oil, extra virgin for garnish
·fresh cilantro, chopped for garnish
How to Make Ab Duq Khiar Dip (Yogurt Dip)
- If not using homemade or Greek yogurt, place a couple of squares of cheesecloth in a sieve. Add yogurt and allow to drain for a hour or so, to thicken.
- Whip yoghurt till it is of smooth consistency.
Squeeze cucumbers in a clean dish towel.
- Carefully fold in all the remaining ingredients and refrigerate.
- I like to drizzle a little extra virgin olive oil over the top and some fresh chopped cilantro just before serving. YUM!
- I also like to omit the basil and summer savory and substitute fresh mint from my herb garden. I then use fresh mint for garnish instead of cilantro.