Vinaigrette for everything
Lemon juice makes this the perfect addition to any main meal salad adding to any protein addition such as meat or beans!
A little goes a long ways!
Cutting the oil back and using more of the acid creates a more flavorful dressing that is healthier and adds intense flavor. We don't use sugar but I do use Stevia or other replacement for Cole slaw or a sweeter based dressing such as French
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1/4 cvinegar, apple cider or red wine or any other favorite
1/4 coil, olive or canola
2 Tbsplemon juice
1 Tbspdried parsley
2 tsporegano, dried
2 tspgarlic, dried
1 tspblack pepper
1 tspdried dill weed
1 tspdried mustard
How to Make Vinaigrette for everything
- Mix all in a jar, check seasoning. Pour over salad or veggies right before serving.
Excellant with chicken or tuna on a bed of greens!
- For a creamy dressing, use 1/4 cup of the mix with 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt.
Add 2 T feta or blue cheese. Enough for 4 servings
- For cole slaw dressing, use the creamy dressing with 1 T sugar or 1 tsp sugar substitue added and 1 T mustard seed. You can also add 2 T spicy brown prepared mustard for a tangy taste treat!
- For a French style dressing, add 1-2 T of sugar or the equalivant of replacement sugar and 1/4 cup ketchup to 1/4 cup of the vinaegrette.
I don't add the dill or oregano if making this style.
- For an awesome oriental flare,
use the oil and acid mix with 1 T hot mustard and than grate 2 T of ginger root and 3 cloves of garlic. Pout this over sliced meats, beef, chicken or fish arranged on a plate of salad greens. We served this in one of the finest hotels in the area back in the 80's!