Tuna Salad Sandwich and/or Easy Summer Fare
Most Family Style Restaurants have it on their menu. Specially in Summer. Many list it as cold Plate or Tuna or Chicken Salad Cold Plate. Normally served with Crackers and/or Dinner Rolls
It's Light. It's Healthy. And, So Pleasing to the Palate.
I put as much Celery and Onion in my Tuna Salad as I do Tuna. I prefer Hellman's mayo over Miracle Whip, But let your preference dictate. I have recently enjoyed adding a little dice Jalapeno for a Bit of a Bite.
If I had, had a Tomato, a slice or wedge or two would have
- 5 to 7 oz
- tuna i used sealed pouch variety
- stalks celery 1 cup diced to size of corn kernel
- 2 or 3
- thin slices of onion diced to size of corn kernel (optional)
- 1/4 to 1/3 c
- hellmann's mayo
- 1/4 c
- diced jarred pimento (optional for color)
- dash of salt and pepper
- teaspoon finely diced jalapeno pepper (optioal)
How to Make Tuna Salad Sandwich and/or Easy Summer Fare
- 1I prepare this in a plastic covered bowl that can go directly to the fridge.
- 2Place Tuna in bowl, dice and chop celery and onion. add pimento and jalapeno if desired. Mix somewhat. Onion optional, not everyone likes onion in their Tuna.
- 3Add pinch of Salt and Pepper. Add Mayo and stir and mix well.
- 4Serve as sandwiches or cracker fare. I also love my Tuna Melts with choice of cheese. I prefer Rye Bread for most everything. Enjoy!