Simple Tuna Salad
My husband mostly likes plain food and that's just what this simple tuna salad recipe is. This is the way that my mom always made it for our family as long as I can remember. Most of these ingredients can be adjusted to your own personal tastes and as you can see the measurements are not precise, except for the tuna. We've always used chunk light tuna packed in oil, but you can use whatever you like best. You can also cut back on the amount of mayonnaise, if you prefer a drier tuna salad. This is a great recipe for the hot summer months and makes a wonderful lunch or dinner.
- 4 can(s)
- tuna (4 ounce size) packed in oil or water, your choice. you can use either chunk light or white albacore.
- 6 large
- eggs, hard boiled
- 3 or 4 Tbsp
- onion, minced (more if you like)
- 3 or 4 Tbsp
- sweet pickle relish (more if you like)
- 3/4 to 1 c
- mayonnaise or miracle whip (or you may combine them, using about 1/2 cup each)
How to Make Simple Tuna Salad
- 1Drain tuna well, squeezing out as much oil or water as possible. Put into a medium sized bowl, set aside.
- 2Finely chop onion, hard boiled eggs and add to tuna. Add pickle relish and mayonnaise and stir well.
- 3Transfer tuna salad to a plastic tub with a lid and place in refrigerator. Allow to cool thoroughly and serve on bread, with crackers or any way that you like.