★★★★★ 1 vote5
- leaves of romaine lettuce
- 1 slice
- carrot, peeled and cut into sticks
- celery stalk, cut into sticks
- 1/2 c
- colby jack cheese, shredded
- small box of raisins
- prepared tuna salad
- carrot, shaved
How to Make Rag Doll Salad
- 1Place lettuce leaves in center of plate, fanned out to form your Rag Dolls dress.
- 2Place 2 celery sticks for legs and 2 carrot sticks for arms. Use tomato slice on top to give your doll a head (You can use a scoop of tuna salad for the head, then cut the tomato slice in half and use for shoes). Using your shredded lettuce, give your doll some hair. Finish using raisins to make a face on your tomato slice.
- 3Serve with a small cup/bowl of your childs favorite dressing for dipping.
- 4*Additional Options*
To make this dish "boy friendly" for my son, he uses long carrot shavings to make a belt, instead of fanning the lettuce he lays them so they look like legs below the belt. We use the tuna salad to make a soccer ball..he adds the raisins to make the black pattern found on the ball.