Gracie's Very Special Tuna Salad
- 2 pkg
- tuna in water, or italian tuna in oil (glass jar)
- 2 pkg
- salmon in water
- hard boiled eggs- diced
- half sour or dill pickles in brine
- large onion
- 1 stick
- celery or half small celery root grated
- 1 bunch
- chives onion or garlic from garden
- pinch of salt and pepper each to taste
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- fresh lg garden tomato, or off the vine organic
- small chile pepper
- french baguette sliced length wise and baked/toasted
How to Make Gracie's Very Special Tuna Salad
- 1empty tuna and salmon packets into a bowl, (sometimes all I have is a mackrell, or a herring in a can in olive oil, you can use that too. If you have 2 cans, just follow the ingredients in this recipe, if you only have 1 can, cut the ingredients in half)
Smash fish with fork, peel vegetables and half sour pickles and dice all ingredients. You may also add some chile peppers and capers, it's very delicious. The only cooking you need to do, is for the hard boiled eggs. Make sure you let them cool, peel, then dice.
P.S. Sometimes I make soft boiled eggs and do not chop them, just cut them in half and put them on the side, let the delicious orange yolks leek on the bread, yummm.
- 2Combine all ingredients in a bowl, then add mayonnaise and horseradish. Cut your french bread, or baguette lengthwise, if you are using the Italian tuna in oil, sprinkle some of the oil on the baguette then some good grated cheese (not necessary, but nice) if no oil from tuna, spread some real butter and sprinkle with a little shredded/chopped garlic and then toast/bake it in the oven until golden brown.
- 3Once the tuna salad ingredients are combined lay a few pieces of boston or butter lettuce on a plate or on the baguette, depending how you like it, fork some of the tuna salad on and dig your teeth in. It is delicious, you will be coming back for seconds :) You may also serve this in a wrap. It is really delicious. If you try it, please let me know.