Mom's potato salad recipe
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·boiled potatoes (i prefer red), bite size pieces
·hard boiled eggs, chopped
·dill pickles, chopped
·salad dressing (i prefer miracle whip)
·salt, pepper to taste
·paprika, sprinkled on top as a garnish
How to Make Mom's potato salad recipe
- Okay, I purposefully didn't put down amounts because honestly, I never measure this. I know how many people I'm serving or how much I want, and boil up as many potates as I want. Ditto the eggs.
- Peel and cut up the potatoes, ditto the eggs. I like my potato and egg pieces on the smaller side, but others like the big chunks. Do what you want! Then I dice up dill pickles. I like Gedney's Baby Baby Dills, chopped small.
- This part is probably the trickiest. I quite often use too much mustard, so squirt in a dollop, then add some scoops of salad dressing - if you aren't making a big batch, use less!!!! Add salt & pepper and stir!! Then taste it!!!! If you want more mustard, add another squirt. If you like it creamier, add more salad dressing and/or mustard.
- Sprinkle the paprika on top. Now this is kinda important, cover it and refrigerate it for several hours to let the flavors blend. It is good right away, but better after a few hours (or overnight!!)
- My mom always got requests for potlucks and the county fair for her potato salad! But she never measured! So trial and error is your friend here! Enjoy!!
- (My dad and my boyfriend like this with chopped onion and chopped celery. So I put some finished salad in another bowl and add the celery and onion for them!)