ARRAN POTATO SALAD
Recipe: Traditional Scottish Cookery
10potatoes, diced (may peel or not)
4 ozshelled fresh or frozen peas
4 ozcooked beetroot (red beets), diced
·salt and pepper, to taste
1 tspchopped fresh parsley
2 tspchopped onion (more, if you prefer)
4 Tbspsalad dressing or salad cream (mayonnaise can be used)
·sprigs of fresh parsley to garnish
How to Make ARRAN POTATO SALAD
- Cook the beets in boiling water for 30-60 minutes, depending on the size. When tender, remove from heat and run under cold water, removing the skins with your fingers. Pat dry and dice.
- Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water for 10 minutes, or until tender; drain and pat dry and dice.
- Cook the peas for about 5 minutes and then drain.
- Mix all the vegetables together in a large bowl while still warm. Stir in the parsley, onion, salt and pepper.
- Gently fold in the salad dressing and garnish with fresh parsley. If you prefer more tartness, add a small splash of white wine vinegar.
Serve warm or chilled.