ARRAN POTATO SALAD
Recipe: Traditional Scottish Cookery
- potatoes, diced (may peel or not)
- 4 oz
- shelled fresh or frozen peas
- 4 oz
- cooked beetroot (red beets), diced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp
- chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tsp
- chopped onion (more, if you prefer)
- 4 Tbsp
- salad dressing or salad cream (mayonnaise can be used)
- sprigs of fresh parsley to garnish
How to Make ARRAN POTATO SALAD
- 1Cook the beets in boiling water for 30-60 minutes, depending on the size. When tender, remove from heat and run under cold water, removing the skins with your fingers. Pat dry and dice.
- 2Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water for 10 minutes, or until tender; drain and pat dry and dice.
- 3Cook the peas for about 5 minutes and then drain.
- 4Mix all the vegetables together in a large bowl while still warm. Stir in the parsley, onion, salt and pepper.
- 5Gently fold in the salad dressing and garnish with fresh parsley. If you prefer more tartness, add a small splash of white wine vinegar.
Serve warm or chilled.