Martha Gooch Macaroni Salad
Mary Ann Hanson
2 cdry ditalini or salad rings
1/2 csalad dressing (like miracle whip)
1 tspeach, onion and garlic powder
1/2 tspeach, dry mustard and turmeric
1 tspsugar (i add another)
1 Tbspgarden seasoning (tones or perc)
·sometimes after chilling i find this needs a little extra salt and a splash of vinegar.
How to Make Martha Gooch Macaroni Salad
- Cook macaroni in salted boiling water until al dente. Drain and rinse with cold water. Drain in a colander.
- While macaroni is cooking combine all remaining ingredients in a bowl large enough to hold the salad. Mix well and let set until ready to combine with macaroni.
- Add cooled macaroni and mix well. Chill for several hours and serve.
- This macaroni salad was great to add any other ingredients you wanted. Any other veggies or meat. This stuff was so good! This recipe is really close but not quite exact. I really miss the real stuff!
- If desired you can use all mayo or salad dressing. For the boxed mix, I always used half of each.