·butter-flavored cooking spray
1 smallonion, chopped
2 cmushrooms, sliced
1/4 tspdried thyme, crushed
1/2 tsptable salt, or more to taste
1/4 tspblack pepper
2 cfrozen mixed vegetables
1 ccanned chicken broth
3 croasted chicken breast, chopped
2 Tbspall-purpose flour
1/2 cfat-free evaporated milk, divided
4reduced-fat crescent roll dough, unrolled
How to Make Chicken Veggie Bake
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Coat a 10-inch round shallow baking dish with cooking spray.
- Coat a large pot with cooking spray.
- Add butter and melt over medium heat.
- Add onion and mushrooms and cook, until tender, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in paprika, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Add vegetables, broth and chicken.
- Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- In a small cup, combine flour and 1/4 cup of evaporated milk; stir into chicken mixture.
- Cook over medium heat until thickened, stirring constantly, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in remaining 1/4 cup of evaporated milk and cook until mixture is slightly thickened, about 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Spoon chicken mixture into prepared baking dish. Unroll crescent rolls and arrange dough around inside edge of baking dish to form a border (there will be a hole in the middle).
- Bake until rolls are golden brown and filling is bubbly, about 15 minutes.
- Cut into 6 pieces and serve.