Beet and Cabbage Salad
- 1/2 head
- red cabbage
- 1/2 pinch
- red beets, grated
- small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 c
- raisins (dark or golden)
- fresh mint, for garnish
- 1/4 c
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp
- dijon mustard (i added 2 teaspoons)
- salt, to taste
- cracked black pepper, to taste
How to Make Beet and Cabbage Salad
- 1Toss cabbage, beets, and red onion together in a large non-reactive salad bowl. Add the raisins.
- 2Whisk the vinaigrette ingredients together then pour over the vegetables. Stir to combine. For a little burst of color, add a garnish of fresh mint.
- 3Taste test and serve.
*Salad tastes best if it has had a couple hours to sit for the flavors to mingle.