4 Bean Salad
Great anytime of the year for something tasty and healthy.
- 14 oz. can green beans, with juice
- 14 oz can yellow wax beans, drained
- 14 oz can lima beans, drained
- 14 oz can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup sliced yellow/red onion rings
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 small can or jar pimento, chopped
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard ( i use keenans mustard)
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 2 tbsp of cooking oil (i use canola)
- 1/4 tsp salt
How to Make 4 Bean Salad
- 1Put green beans and juice into a bowl
- 2Add the drained yellow. lima and kidney beans.
- 3Slice onion rings about 1/4 inch thick (I just chop the onion in a large dice)
Add along with the sliced celery and pimento to the beans
- 4In another bowl, put the sugar, mustard and salt, stir together well.
- 5Add the vinegar and oil
- 6Stir until dissolved. It takes a few minutes.
- 7Pour over bean mixture. Mix gently
- 8Cover, and store in refrigerator
- 9Let stand in refrigerator for at least 24 hrs.
- 10This salad keeps for weeks.
- 11Dish up with a slotted spoon