The Pink Stuff (creamy cranberry salad)
1 can(s)whole cranberries
1 can(s)(the half size can 8 oz.) crushed pineapple
1 pkgcream cheese (8 oz)
1 pkgcool whip (8 oz)
2 pkgraspberry jello or cranberry jello (we like to use one of each, and the suger free variety does not change the taste)
1apple (pealed, cored and cut into 1/2" chuncks)
1 cchopped walnuts
How to Make The Pink Stuff (creamy cranberry salad)
- Put the liquid into a measuring cup and fill to 2 cups with water. Boil the liquid. and mix it with the two packages of Jello.
- Allow the jello to partially set for about 45 minutes. It should not be hard, if you stick a finger in the jello it should come out coating you finger with no lumps.
- About 15 minutes prior to taking the jello out of the fridge, mix the left over cranberries and pineapple with the apple chunks and walnuts.
- In a separate bowl whip the cream cheese until it is easily stirred and them add the cool whip. Dump in the partially set jello and mix well. It's ok if there are cheese chunks it adds to the overall presentation.
- Fold in the fruit and walnut mixture and transfer to a presentation bowl. (We put it in a beautiful blue pie plate.) Refrigerate for at least 3 hours until set, but it always tastes better if you make it the day before.