Cherry Amaretto Cheese Mold
- 3 pkg
- (envelopes) knox unflavored gelatine
- 1/2 c
- 2 c
- milk, divided
- 2 can(s)
- (21 oz) cans cherry pie filling
- 2 pkg
- (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 c
- almond-flavored liquer (amarettto) **
- 3 c
- frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1/3 c
- sliced almonds for garnish, if desired
- ** 1 to 2 tablespoons almond extract may be substituted; increase milk to 2 1/2 cups
How to Make Cherry Amaretto Cheese Mold
- 1Mix gelatin and sugar in small saucepan; stir in
1 1/2 cups milk. Stir over medium heat until gelatin dissolves completely. Remove from heat.
- 2Drain 1 can cherry pie filling, reserving syrup, Cover and refrigerate cherries for garnish.
Blend remaining cherries, reserved cherry syrup and cream cheese in good processor or blender until smooth. Pour into large bowl, beating in remaining milk, liqueur and gelatin mixture until smooth. Refrigerate until slightly thickened
- 3Fold 2 cups whipped topping into gelatin mixture. Spread into lightly greased pan. Refrigerate until firm, at least 4 hours.
Run tip of small knife around top edge of gelatin mixture; dip mold in war water, just up to top edge of mold, for 10 seconds to loosen. Place large serving plate over mold and carefully invert to unmold.
Garnish with remaining whipped topping, drained cherries and almonds.