Wilted Spinach with Apples & Feta Cheese
Rose Mary Mogan
I HAVE USED THIS OR A VERSION OF THIS RECIPE, BEFORE DAN & I WERE MARRIED. It is a great recipe, simple & Easy. The Sweet & Sour Hot Vinaigrette adds a lot of punch in flavor to this salad. The Feta cheeses takes it over the top & it is how I introduced my daughter Briana to Feta, & she loves anything with feta.
It was a great accompaniment to our meal. The recipe makes about 4 servings, & is quick to make, but PLEASE SERVE IT WHILE IT IS STILL WARM. YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT.
- 1 lb
- pre washed baby leaf spinach
- 1 bunch
- green onions chopped
- 6 slice
- bacon cooked on the stove top to reserve the drippings
- 5 Tbsp
- apple cider or white distilled vinegar
- 2 tsp
- 1 large
- apple, i used pink cripp plus extra for garnish
- 1/2 c
- or more crumbled feta cheese
How to Make Wilted Spinach with Apples & Feta Cheese
- 4Add the sugar and vinegar to a measuring cup or small bowl, and stir until the sugar dissolves. With heat still on medium high add the vinegar sugar mixture to the skillet, and heat until it boils. Then add the spinach and onions and toss until spinach begins to wilt, about 1 minute. Then remove from heat.