Tantalizing Mandarin Orange Shrimp Salad
The photo(s) are mine.
- heads romain lettuce cleaned and dried
- 2 15oz can(s)
- mandarin oranges drained
- red onion sliced into rings for garnish
- 1/2-1 lb
- jumbo shrimp-i use 1 12oz bag 26-30 count
- 2 3oz bag(s)
- slivered almonds toasted till golden brown
- avocados-i use haas avocados they have a rich buttery taste
- 3/4 c
- white sugar
- 1 tsp
- dry mustard
- 1 tsp
- 1/3 c
- wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp
- red onion juice and pulp-grated and on fine side of grater. the grated onion really pops the taste of this dressing
- 1 c
- salad oil
- 11/2 tsp
- poppy seeds
SEE MY RECIPE FOR DEE'S TANTALIZING POPPYSEED DRESSING BELOW
How to Make Tantalizing Mandarin Orange Shrimp Salad
- 1Toss all ingredients except for sliced red onions.
- 2Mix all ingredients for poppy seed dressing in blender. Then pour amount you would like on salad and toss again. This poppy seed recipe makes enough for when I triple the recipe to make for church.
- 3Put slices of red onion on top for garnish.